If you are not or never stressed, you are part of a happy minority!
The reasons for stress are numerous and can not only ruin your life but also have serious consequences on your health.
This is what guided the creation of TiL… how to offer everyone a little bit of better living, by soothing and regenerating the mind, body and skin? Here are a few tips and tricks to find a touch of serenity.
The word stress, of French origin, defines the triggering factor, the reaction of the body and its physiological processes, as well as the consequences on health.
The word stress is used all the time, but it covers a scientific reality: “all the physiological and psychological means used by a person to adapt to an event”, according to the definition of Hans Selye (“father” of the concept of stress in the 1930s).
The WHO (World Health Organization) correlates health with the notion of well-being, and defines health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
The figures are worrying: if nearly one person out of 2 suffered from stress before the health crisis, today the cases have literally exploded.
The causes are diverse, professional, family, medical, marital, relational..
Stress is a cascading response of the body to a dangerous environment, to regain its original balance.
Acute stress allows us to adapt to a specific and sudden problem, providing vital energy. Chronic stress exhausts us physically and psychically, by triggering chain reactions with toxic effects.
1 – Alarm: The body goes into flight or fight mode. It releases cortisol, which provides energy, and adrenaline, which increases the heart rate, blood pressure and temperature to provide oxygen
2 – Resilience: the body adapts : It produces other hormones that raise blood sugar levels to manage the energy expenditure needed to fight. Signs are irritability, frustration and poor concentration.
3 – Exhaustion: the body is overwhelmed : If the stress continues, the body’s physical, emotional and mental resources are exhausted. Fatigue, discouragement, depression, anxiety, weakening of the immune system are all signs.
1- It affects all physical, emotional, intellectual and behavioral spheres and can be devastating:
2 – Chronic stress affects the mind and body : It causes psychosomatic disorders, but also illnesses: lowered natural defenses, hormonal or cardiovascular disorders. Excess cortisol creates a continuous inflammation, the immune system turns against the body, which can lead to diabetes, polyarthritis, psoriasis, thyroid or fertility disorders…
3 – Stress also affects the skin : It accelerates skin aging, makes the skin sensitive and uncomfortable, dulls or reddens the complexion, marks the features…
But the opposite is true: positive emotions trigger the production of well-being molecules that beautify the skin.
We are not all equal when it comes to stress!
Everyone reacts according to their sensitivity, their history, their education…
If we can’t eliminate stress, we can learn to alleviate it as best we can.
Here are some tips to adopt :
– Keep a daily journal to track stressors and reactions
– Get regular physical activity, which decreases cortisol, the stress hormone, and increases endorphins, the feel-good hormone.
– Meditate and do breathing exercises. Even if it is only 5 minutes a day, sitting down, closing your eyes, playing soft music, smelling a comforting scent, reduces stress and strengthens your resistance.
– Adopt all possible moments of relaxation, giving priority to heat that relaxes (sauna, hammam, hot bath, tea or infusion).
For peaks of stress or anxiety during the day, always carry with you L’Elixir de Sérénité, a small oral spray concentrated with gemmotherapy: linden buds, fig tree and hawthorn, which soothes in 10 minutes.
– Try to improve sleep, by adopting feng shui colors for your room (cold shades, blue and green, gray) and by creating a calming olfactory atmosphere, for example with the divine Eau Qui Enlace, a real soothing stroll under the blooming lime trees.
When we know that olfaction influences 75% of our emotions on a daily basis, and that neuroscience has shown that scents alleviate psychological suffering to the point of being used in psychotherapy, we can’t help but activate this pleasure and well-being circuit! The TiL fragrance was subjected by neuroscientists to an emotional impact measurement protocol, which proved the state of relaxation and appeasement triggered, a respiratory rhythm decreased by 15%, and a consensus on the triggering of 3 emotions: joy, relaxation and comfort.
– Eat a healthy diet, don’t skip meals, choose foods rich in magnesium, iron, fiber, tryptophan, potassium and B vitamins, which calm the psyche.
Infusions such as linden tea, which has been celebrated for centuries, are also an excellent way to calm down in the evening. For an ultra-concentrated version of a dietary supplement, La Poudre Zéro Souci is the most delicious way to relax before bed, while detoxifying.
– Avoid caffeine, meals and intense physical activity before bedtime.
– Try alternative medicines, such as acupuncture, which rebalances the circulation of energy in the body, light therapy, which treats seasonal depression, sophrology, whose breathing exercises reduce stress, anxiety and anxiety attacks almost instantly: by breathing deeply, through the belly, with long exhalations and inhalations (5 seconds each), the whole body relaxes. In the same way, yoga frees from stress, provides a new balance of the physical, the psychic and the spiritual.
– Think about your skin, the mirror of your brain and emotions. The entire TiL cosmetic line is made from Tiliactiv4®, the exclusive soothing, moisturizing and regenerating active ingredient, developed from the buds, flowers, leaves and twigs harvested from the linden trees of our family estate in the Dordogne. And the products have the same delicate and joyful smell as Eau Qui Enlace…
La Gelée à Fleur de Peau, Le Baume Qui Ressource, Le Lait Corps et Ame, Le Gel qui Fait Chanter, Le Joyeux Savon…ultra-sensorial textures for daily pleasure and comfort, that replenish and beautify the skin.
So stressed? Yes surely, so many factors are involved in the course of a lifetime! Take the time to think about yourself, and to try all the means, small or big, that can help you to live better… your mind, your body, your skin will thank you, and probably also your family and friends 😉
PLEASE SELECT YOUR LOCATION
Choisissez votre langue :
Choose your language:
Choose your language:
Receive our latest news, beauty and well-being tips every week.